Test Shoot // Reaction Videos
We’re big fans of reaction videos. You know the kind. A few cracking good ones…
- Brits try American foods
- People who hate cats meet kittens
- Americans react to people trying to do American accents
Reaction videos are useful for all sorts of purposes. For example:
- Show people trying a new product
- Comparing competing products
- Build a storyline (more on that in a moment)
- Engagement. People love these things and they share them.
THESE VIDEOS ::
The purpose of these videos was to build a storyline about a product which makes easy work of something that’s more difficult than it should be. So we asked ourselves “what’s something difficult which really shouldn’t be such a pain?” While we were talking Elizabeth was rummaging through her bag trying to find a pen and she was like “well THIS definitely shouldn’t be so hard!” as a result, we came up with the idea to get men going through womens’ bags to complete a simple challenge and for a woman to go through a man drawer.
The particular project shifted after the filming so we decided to go ahead and publish them as test shoots because we’d like to think there’s a brand out there who would like to use this filming style soon – get in touch because we’d love to try this concept again!
- Concept Elizabeth Halford & Charlotte Simonsen
- Producer Elizabeth Halford
- Director/DOP Mark Rose
- Sound Elkanah Groves
- Editing Sascha Tucker
- Illustration Charlotte Simonsen
- Location Street Studios